Are Circle lenses Really Safe?
Circle Lenses have been a hot topic lately following the famous Lady Gaga Video.
Circle Lenses are getting more recognized by teen and younger adults. But the big question is always... Are they safe?
Our experience have told ask that wearing of contact lenses can be risky if you do not follow the right cleaning and hygiene method lay out by the Lens manufacturer or advise by qualified Optometrists and eye doctors. Thus circle lenses have no exception...!!!
Circle lenses can also be found manufactured by reputable companies i.e. GEO medical co ltd that attain numerous qualified certification. This company has achieved many standard of producing the right contact lenses for the general public. But even with this qualification and certification if the end user does not pay attention on the correct usage and care of the contact lens, I believe the risk of eye infection and other eye complication can be raised. Thus, the bottom line is Circle lenses can be safe and also can be a risky to you... the real answer all depends on you... the user. You will be endangering the safety of your own eyes, if you do not follow the correct care and handling of these lenses, and so are circle lenses as well.
Nowadays most contact lenses are make of soft lenses; they are much fragile when touch and so proper care must be followed to avoid damage to the lenses.
Below are 8 important tips when handling your circle lenses: -
1. Always store your Circle lenses in multi-purpose solution for about 6 hours before use. Do not use it straight from the vial!
2. Strictly wash, rinse and dry your both hands before touching your circle lenses.
3. Always keep your finger nails trimmed. Do not use sharp object to handle you lenses. Use only your finger tips to handle the lens
4. Do not use water from the Tap or worst, your saliva to rinse your lenses!
5. Always remember to clean, rinse and disinfect your lenses after you remove them from your eye. Forgetting to do this step will cause discomfort and worst infection to your eye when you choose to wear them again.
6. When applying cosmetic or make-up, always put on your contact lenses first to avoid make up powder or cream in contact with disinfected lenses.
7. Remember the expiry date of the circle lenses and always replace them regularly as indicated
8. Avoid wearing circle lenses when swimming, sleeping, or doing any activities that may have contact with your eyes for long period of time.
Contact your eye doctor or optometrist immediately, if you continue to feel discomfort or irritation even after your have remove your lenses.
IF In Doubt, Always seek professional advice before using contact lenses. Circle Lenses and other brand contact lenses are the same and need to follow the steps that were highlighted above and if you have follow closely, you will find that wearing circle lenses not only can be safe but also can be lot of fun too!!!!
You can seek professional help here: https://www.contactlensxchange.com